Don’t compromise! Use the best!
I was introduced to doTERRA, Essential Oils in July 2016, at that time I had a few questions such as. “Who and what is dōTERRA? “What makes their oils so special”? and “Why should I choose them over anyone else”?
In this post, I will not compare dōTERRA to any other Essential Oil company but,
I will explain why I choose to align myself with them.
The Birth of dōTERRA
In April 2008 a group of health care and business professionals came together with a mission to bring Essential Oils into every home. They formed a company and named it dōTERRA. The Latin meaning “Gift of the Earth.”
- David Stirling – Founding Executive, CEO & chairman. David’s commitment is to bring their oils into every home in the world
- Corey B Lindley – Founding Executive, President & Chief Financial Officer. Corey has over 30 years of experience in the global world of direct selling.
- Emily Wright – Founding Executive, Sales & Marketing. Emily brings 20 years of experience in marketing, leadership & sales in the Essential Oil industry.
- Gregory P Cook – Founding Executive & President, Greater China. 25 years of experience in developing & managing International markets in the Health & Wellness industry.
- Dr David Hill – Founding Executive, Chief Medical Officer & Chairman, Scientific Advisory Committee. Dr Hill is passionate about the benefits of Essential Oils in Interactive Medicine.
- Robert J Young – Founding Executive, Product Marketing & Branding Services. Robert has 25 years of experience in product marketing in the direct selling industry.
- Mark A Wolfert – Founding Executive, General Counsel. Mark is an Attorney with 25 years of experience in the direct selling industry. He directs dōTERRA’s new market expansions and directs dōTERRA’s Healing Hands Foundation.
CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade
At the time of dōTERRA’s inception, there was no standard of quality for Essential Oils, so they set about establishing one. Since then all of dōTERRA’S oils have been put through numerous amounts of 3rd party testing to ensure they are safe, pure and of the highest quality. dōTERRA’s set of standards is called CTPG “Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade”.
If an essential oil isn’t pure it runs the risk of putting germs, and heavy metals, or adulterants into or onto your body. The risk of provoking an irritation or an adverse effect is significantly higher. Without doTERRA’s CTPG testing there would be no way of knowing if an oil has added fillers, synthetic ingredients or other harmful chemicals added to it.
For an oil to be CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade it must be:
- Pure and natural, with aromatic compounds carefully extracted from plants.
- Free from fillers or artificial ingredients, no dilution of active qualities.
- Free of contaminants, pesticides, or chemical residues.
- Rigorously tested for standards of chemical composition.
- Cross-tested using mass spectrometry and gas chromatography to ensure exact purity and composition potency.
- Sourced by a global network of leading essential oil chemists and growers to ensure, correct species are grown in ideal environments, and that the raw plant materials were carefully harvested at the right time.
dōTERRA Co-Impact Sourcing ®️
Through industry-leading responsible sourcing practices, dōTERRA maintains the highest quality, purity and sustainability in partnership with its growers.
Each dōTERRA Essential Oil is carefully grown and distilled from plants, grown mostly in their indigenous environments. These plants are then harvested at the most optimal time, for their greatest efficacy.
dōTERRA works with communities throughout the world to ensure their growers & distillers are paid a fair, reasonable and timely price. Many of these communities are in developing countries where in the past, had been at the mercy of ruthless cartels. dōTERRA’s Co-Impact Sourcing helps create coalitions for growers and distillers to ensure this standard is kept. These coalitions also work with the communities to provide the resources, tools and training necessary.
In 2018 through its global sourcing efforts, dōTERRA supported 122.095 jobs and positively impacted 541,349 lives.
For more information, please watch the attached short video on Co-Impact Sourcing.
dōTERRA Healing Hands Foundation ™️
dōTERRA’s Healing Hand’s Foundation was created in September 2010. Its aim is to bring healing and hopes to those in the world struggling with the fundamentals of life. The foundation works with impoverished communities to free them from disease and poverty. The ultimate aim is to teach them to be self-reliant.
This non-profit organisation offers resources and tools to global communities and charitable organisation. They provide healthcare, education, sanitation as well as being active in the fight against human trafficking.
This foundation is supported by dōTERRA’s independent distributors also known as “Wellness Advocates”. Donations are collected through monthly contributions from its members, one-time contributions as well as selected product sales.
Since dōTERRA founded
- Supporting Esseterre Bulgaria in a project involving the Social Teahouse. It helps orphans prepare to enter the workforce and develop an independent lifestyle as they age out of the orphanage system.
- Partners with Days for Girls and CHOICE Humanitarian to provid Hygiene kits for girls in need. dōTERRA days for girls initiative.
- 2016 in partnership with CHOICE Humanitarian, to complete the 1st two earthquake-resilient schools in Nepal after the 2015 earthquake.
- September 8th 2017 dōTERRA breaks GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS for the most Personal Hygiene Kits Assembled in One Hour.
- 2018 The dōTERRA Healing Hands Foundation distributed 52,340 Emergency Relief Hygiene Kits.
Operation Underground Railroad.
doTERRA Healing Hands Foundation,™ is proud to be partnered with Operation Underground Railroad (OUR Rescue). OUR Rescue exists to rescue children from sex trafficking by utilizing some of the world’s experts in extraction operations and anti-child trafficking.
The following video shows what is being done to put a stop to the child sex trafficking trade. Operation Underground
The OUR Rescue
Children rescued are then rehabilitated by OUR Rescue’s aftercare program. The perpetrators are arrested, tried, then convicted to ensure there is no chance or re-offending.
For more information about OUR Rescue, please visit their website at www.ourrescue.org.
All proceeds from doTERRA’s Hope blend goes toward the fight against child sex trafficking.
A quote from one of dōTERRA’s founders sums it up perfectly.
“To the children who we pray for daily, we say: Your long night is coming to an end. Hold on. We are on our way. And to those captors and perpetrators, even you monsters who dare offend God’s precious children, we declare to you: Be afraid. We are coming for you.” –OUR.
doTERRA Markets their oils through Direct Selling. Also known as Network Marketing or Multi-Level Marketing. Where most other businesses invest millions of dollars in advertising and marketing on TV, radio, print media and all the rest, doTERRA prefers to give the small business owners ( Wellness Advocates) that money.
Wellness Advocates help customers make conscious decisions about their purchases. They build relationships that provide support and education not often seen in a brick and mortar setting. This model also allows for individuals and families to achieve financial freedom should they wish to pursue that path.
dōTERRA has a customer retention rate of around 65% compared to other direct selling companies that have a 10% retention rate.
When consumers purchase from dōTERRA it is highly likely they will reorder and share those oils with others. dōTERRA prides itself on its customer satisfaction, product value and a powerful compensation plan for those wishing to promote and sell their products.
Products & Services
In addition to premium quality Essential Oils and blends, dōTERRA also offers a range of other natural products such as:-
- Skin care
- Hair Care
- Nutritional Supplements
- Cleaning products
dōTERRA provides a state of the art online ordering system, backed up with well trained and friendly customer service staff. If that isn’t enough there is always plenty of upline leaders to help provide, training, education & support.
So again! Why did I choose to become a Wellness Advocate with dōTERRA? Because the company is run by dedicated passionate people. The Oils are of the highest quality and their philanthropic work is beyond amazing.
If now is the right time for you to embark on a journey to discover the awesome benefits of Essential Oils, please CONTACT ME and I will get back to you within 24 hours.
dōTERRA IS CHANGING THE WORLD, ONE DROP, ONE PERSON, ONE COMMUNITY AT A TIME.